Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Say Good bye Before leaving.

My greatest thoughts come at night while I lay in bed. By morning they're gone, unrecorded.

I didn't start biting my fingernails until about six months ago. And the gray hairs that now sprout so freely from my head weren't there six years ago. There could be a specific reason for all this, but I don't know why. Oh, wait, I do seem to remember now: I'm a journalist. I'm 25 years old, almost 26. I feel older than that. But at the same time, I feel strangely underage. Must everything be so complicated? Here's the funny thing -- life isn't so complex. But I would have nothing in this life if it weren't for my ability to complain. As I sit here on my tacky-colored couch at 11:39 p.m., I hear nothing but police helicopters in pursuit of a madman who is surely trying to kill me. It doesn't seem as if the authorities are having any luck finding this escaped lunatic. Let us thank the good Lord above that my rotten door that hardly ever closes properly has three full-proof (or foolproof, if you prefer) locks. Yes, my existence is in good hands, rest assured. I can finally have a good night's rest. I just peeked through the dusty white blinds. It looks as if the rowdy helicopter is circling somewhere in Koreatown, but it could be as far as Downtown. I've never been a good judge of distance. But I hope they catch the fucker soon, be it a man or woman, because this noise is driving me insane. My yellowing teeth have been brushed and I am all ready for sleep: that place I like to go before the morning sweeps me into a zombie-like mode of reading monotonous music blogs and drinking coffee from little white Styrofoam cups. The good life, some might call it, but not I. Living like a hog has never much suited me. I've owned a hog, and while they are without a doubt disgusting creatures, I can't help but pity and envy them at the same time. What other animal can get away with living in such filth and at the same time taste so good? It almost makes me think, but doesn't quite get me there. I have far too many other important thoughts to ponder in this short little window of a day God likes to tease me with. Such foolishness. Hold that thought, but only for only a second. The magician makes himself disappear, with nothing more than a cheap black wand.

No comments: