Thursday, September 27, 2007

How Quickly They Forget.

It will be a nice feeling when it's finally flushed from my system. When it has all gone down the drain, this sample platter of foreign emotion. Pause, rewind. The moment has ended, now play.

There is nothing quite like a sunny smog free twilight. Even so, there'll never again be one like her, the one who broke me in two. With eyes of a CocoRosie hue, capable of moving the dusty portrait. Nearby hills. Commanding armies: from the Pacific Northwest to the lower edge of southern comfort. Please, illuminate the snoozing city skyline for me. Breathe life into its charcoal-laced lung. Once more, before I go, allow me to feel the moistness we briefly shared.

She sits alone on the beach, her eyes fixed toward the sea. Too many thoughts crowd this one's mind. The plants, the trees and the crickets - they race at an even pace. Overwhelmed by love, a frown paints her face blue. Yet the wind continues to blow through her natural wave, whispering wisps of secret lies. Not everyone can understand the meaning of the coastal breeze, but her soft smile of loneliness reveals all. Spies in the house of love sit beside our precious handmaiden, their arms wrapped tightly 'round her pearl white shell.

A secret only for you. My dusty eyes blow safety into your dreams. Colorless rainbows, fearful sights.

Shelter needs no home. The safety it provides is priceless. Like the commercial, and split second of happiness that was sold to me. Bought at a fair price. Still paying off the debt. Don't want to make the bet. Investment involves risk, from what I've been told. You win some and then you lose, or so they like to say. Have you heard mention of hollowed heartbreak on Sunday Ave.? Sixth and First? Is there a residency doctor in the house? The emergency room is closed on this moonlit mourn. And another life has been lost, destroyed by the growling engine we've equally created. Its pistons show no mercy. A victim of venom, slowly injected into that heart of echoless beats. Let's meet somewhere in between, you and me. Perhaps a lunch, or dinner beneath the smokey oak tree.

Speak to me in those high phrases, even though it hurts like hell to hear. One more time won't kill me, I suppose. And for the record, my friends, the silence is perfectly golden. Sit still, be patient. The San Francisco panhandlers, bearded and non, would be proud of this moment we've shared. New York City flights. Crying babies and boiled eggs. You're a lovely little lady. In the city of night. The stale shell has broken. Shake it again for me, babe, like you did last summer. Then, when the time is right and the music is soulfully saturated, give a little rattle. Finally, after all is said and done, when this evening nears its intoxicated end, roll through your pleasant dreams. Don't disappoint the gods, they're everywhere.

From daylight to dark, the seamless thoughts blend into one. Read closely to these musical words: luscious locks are here to stay. Indeed, curiously split ends have become close friends. Allies of axis. Evil is blonde. A block of words penetrated by pain. Inject my heart with your love; plant the needle deep. Exit with a cold silver strip. Let us not forget, sweetest one, how much has already been wasted. Go, for now, I'll see you in heaven's lazy morning. Later, in the evening, we'll sip wine. Divine in hell's after-party. Send me a postcard, kid, addressed to no one. I'll close my eyes and think of home. That piece of land, situated somewhere across the Atlantic.

No comments: